If you’re reading this, you’re probably freaking out by the mysterious activity on Instagram on Monday, October 31.
You might have experienced:
1. Your account being suspended without violating any of Instagram's rules.
2. You’ve been logged out and struggling to get back into your account - either getting stuck in the login page and/or seeing a blank profile page.
3. You’ve seen a significant and sudden decrease in your follower count - with the drop ranging from hundreds to thousands of followers.
Instagram down: What to know about Instagram’s banning purge
- Our analysis suggests that the sudden banning of hundreds of thousands of Instagram accounts was not intentional, and will likely be reversed at some point in the near future by Instagram
- We have identified a slowdown in the banning of accounts, suggesting that Instagram is working on resolving this issue
- Instagram has officially responded on Twitter, saying they’re aware of the issue people are having accessing accounts. However, they haven’t mentioned anything about the decline in followers
Instagram account wrongfully suspended: What can you do?
First of all - stay calm! You’re not alone in this and updates will emerge shortly from Instagram.
Right now, our only recommendation is to wait. This is always our least favorite thing to say - but sometimes this is all we can do. This is an issue that Instagram will need to resolve on their end and is presumably working on actively fixing. We are monitoring this issue as it progresses.
We provide updates as fast as possible, mostly through our Instagram page (@getnotch).